Thursday, October 4, 2007

Money, Money, Money

So I was starting to get use to the high cost of everything in Copenhagen until I went to Hamburg, Germany on a field study. We were given 10 euro for lunch...and i was thinking, how is this going to buy me anything. However, i bought a coffee (actually big), bottle of water, large snitzle sandwhich, 3 postcards and 3 international stamps, and still had 3 euro left over. This made me really upset that I am living in a city that charges so much for everything.

It is also outrageous that if you lose the ONE key they give, you are paying around 2000 kroner to get another one (500 dollars). It is also outragrous that the person to replace these keys is only open one hour a day at my kollegium...of course when I am in class. So today I stayed home from class so that I could get my new key, and of course, when I called, they had to call someone and said they would call back. Now it is after their office hours and they did not call back, so i guess i skipped class for no reason and will have to continue relying on people for another day. The only thing I could think of doing to make myself happier was to buy myself flowers from one of Copenhagen's hundreds of flower carts. I also bought some strawberries and dark chocolate to make chocolate dipped strawberries. They were delicious.

No comments: