Monday, September 17, 2007

Hmmm...Denmark in Totality

So we took a short field study to other cities in the main penisula of Denmark..and the best comparision I have is as follows:
It is like you left Chicago to visit Indiana for a few days. Sure, there were things to do, people to see, but it is no Chicago. We basically visited a toilet seat company that focuses on designer, innovative toilet seats, and then the biggest slaughter house in Denmark. Plus there were a few musuems and castles in between. My favorite part of the trip was our night in this small town called Randers. They brewed their own beer, I believe called Thor, and a system of underground golden pipes distributed it throughout the city. So supposedly, we drank the world's freshest beer.
I don't have too much else to say about the trip except Danish castles look nothing like the castle at Disney Land, and toilet seats can be neat. Sooooo...anyway....
I am still not a fan of the weather here and am quite jealous of everyone who is not on the same lines as Northern Canada. Oh yes, and I have also recently discovered that event though I am paying thousands of dollars to study abroad, the school I am at does not even have Office 2007. Not only that, they do not even have compatibility packs installed. I found this out when I tried to open an essay due today at the school computer labs to finish editing and printing. However, I was not allowed to open it since the computers were still in Office 03...so at least an IT person got it to print off...but I could not finish editing. So that is my story for my first assignment due, and I am not happy.

No comments: